Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

sábado, 1 de enero de 2011

Ushuaia semana 12 y Rio Gallegos semana .5

Hola!

Well, still here in Rio Gallegos and guess what!? There´s not flights out of here til at least saturday! Woohoo. So I´ll be living here until at least saturday. The secretary is trying to book flights for saturday, but isn´t sure if he´ll even be able to get that. So as far as I know I´m stuck here until then. Not that that´s a bad thing, but I miss Ushuaia!!! It´s hard to keep the investigators progressing when the only method of communication is by phone! haha. Despite not being there Sunday and having to call them all, 3 made it to church and a less active that we´ve been visiting every week that hadn´t gone once since I´ve been in the south went to church!

Christmas and Christmas Eve went well. We spent a lot of the tie getting Hermana Mora ready to fly to Buenos Aires and then home. She went up to my first area Vicente López. She called sunday night to ask me the numbers for the week and she said she met one of my converts Miguel and he is doing awesome! Saturday, Christmas day, Hermana Mora and I were on the same flight and the plane stopped and I got off at Rio Gallegos and she continued on to Buenos Aires. I miss her a lot.

Now, I am with Hermana Lyons and Hermana Salas. Hermana Lyons has about 6 months more than I do in the mission and is training Hermana Salas. Hermana Salas is from Chile and Hermana Lyons is from Colorado Springs. Both of them are great! Turns out Hermana Lyons lived in Chipman hall the same year I did but on a different floor, so we probably have seen eachother a million times before and didn´t know it! She went from being Junior companion and having like 11 months in the mission to training. Crazy. Both of them are great. I wouldn´t be suprised if one of them is transferred to Ushuaia with me, but so far we don´t know who will be my companion. They had 3 baptisms on Sunday which I go to go to. A mom and two of her daughters. Almost everyone is on vacation right now. In church we had less than 10 in attendance in the branch! I think there´s 4 branches here and 4 companionships of missionarys. One companionship is like 3 hours away in calefate.

I already wore all my clothes that I brought, so I will have to do a little wash today I think haha. I now have served in all of the areas of my trainer, Hermana Tejada! She started here in Rio Gallegos, then went to Ushuaia, then Vicente López. I just did it in reverse order.

I like Rio Gallegos. It´s nice and laid back like Ushuaia, but it´s all flat unlike Ushuaia and kind of ugly. There´s not really any trees, mountains or anything. It very windy here and seems to be similar to Ushuaia as far as the temperature, maybe a little warmer.
There´s also penguins here, but I don´t think we will have time to go see them. They showed me pictures of a few weeks ago when they went and saw them!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Hopefully next week I´ll be writing from Ushuaia!

Love,
Hermana Jones


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario