Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

jueves, 1 de julio de 2010

Hola!

This has been an awesome week as always!
Thanks for all the postcards! Looks like you guys had a fun time!

This week was the mission presidents seminar, and it was cool! There were lots of general authority sightings. We shook Elder Christoffersons hand. We also had a special devotional by Elder Oaks that was awesome! That was friday night, and after the special devotional I got to meet my mission president and his wife! They are so nice and so awesome! I also got to meet all the other Elders/Sisters going to my mission that are in the MTC right now! My mission presidents wife is so funny. She goes "hey girls! I found out today that we don't have to require you to wear nylons, so after the mtc, say goodbye to those!" She was so funny.

Hermana Wheeler got to sing to apostles and/or the Prophet everyday last week since she was in the special choir! We weren't allowed to go, but she always came back so excited!

We get our travel plans tomorrow or friday! I'll know when I can call home and everything! I'm so excited! Still no word on the visas... so hopefully we get those in the next couple days too. We hear that the world cup is slowing everything down majorly and there have been tons of delays. My mission president and his wife even have to go home for awhile til they can get their's.

As for the picture for the plaque, choose any you want, you can pick one of me here I've sent home, or whatever, it doesn't matter too much. I'll try and make a CD of pics and send it home next week too.

Today, we got to go to the outside world! Hermana Payne lost her drivers license, so we had to be driven in an MTC van to the DMV in Provo. It was fun. Then we waited over an hour for them to pick us up. We actually talked to lots of spanish speaking people. Someone in the DMV asked Hermana Wheeler if she could help her because she didn't know english, but Hermana Wheeler had no idea what she was saying. It was really funny.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!! I wish I could be there to celebrate! Just know I will be thinking about you!

So I had the most embarrassing moment of my life this week... This one probably shouldn't be posted to my blog. (Names have been changed to protect the innocent). One of my companions Hna. Longhair, went up to some Elders to practice contacting. We know these Elders pretty well, but luckily they left for the field the next day... Hna. Me, and Hna. Ouch followed suit. Right as Hna Me and Hna Ouch caught up to Hna. Longhair, Hna. Me accidentally let out a disturbing bodily function. It was definitely heard by all, but I don't think the Elders knew which Hna is came from... Hna. Ouch, and Hna. Me started laughing til we were almost crying, while Hna. Longhair tried to finish the contact without cracking a smile. Anyways, long story short, it was embarrassing, and we just start laughing almost to tears whenver we think about it. Now that that's out of the way...


Before I leave the MTC, could you please send me:
-my wax kit thing in my bathroom in a small ziploc bag thing
-maybe some more stamps
-some more knee highs
-my address for pouch and for regular letters in Argentina (I forgot to bring it :) )
-could you print me these talks? -The Atonement and Faith (Elder Oaks), Why Do We Serve (Oaks), and Abide in Me (Holland) I highly recommend them :)

I'll be on the lookout for Sis. Dotson today!

1Nephi 1:20 - Tender mercies are everywhere, keep an eye out for them! Oh, cool story, so Hermana Payne lost her scriptures this week, she loses things a lot, but I had been praying about where they were and then one night I was studying the restoration and wasn't even thinking about them, but I heard a voice in my head say her scriptures are in the TRC in such and such class room and so we went and they were there! It was crazy.

My talk went well, there were no General Authorites at that meeting, but we did see many that day.

Quote of the week:
"Strength and struggle go together. The supreme reward of struggle is strength. Life is a battle and the greatest joy is to overcome. The pursuit of easy things makes men weak. Do NOT equipt yourselves with supreme power and hope to escape the responsibility and work. It cannot be done. It is by following the lines of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked."

Last night for Devotional, Sis. Dalton spoke and it was awesome! She talked about faith and virtue. Well, I'm out of time.
I hope you all have a great week! Thanks to both Grandma's for the letters this week!

I love you all!

Hermana Jones

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario