Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

miércoles, 7 de julio de 2010

Hola!
I found out from the travel office I am all set to go monday morning at 8am! Hermana Wheeler leaves tuesday morning at 3am, and Hermana Payne's visa is delayed we just barely found out! So she is here for another 2 weeks they estimate at least. They sent in a request to have her temporarily reassigned just in case getting her visa takes longer than they expect.

This week was great! Thursday we got out travel plans. Saturday we had a special devotional for Independence Day. It was a musical presentation about religious freedom. It was pretty good. I think it was partially to keep us all indoors and occupied during the Carrie Underwood concert down the street at the stadium of fire. Then after that we got to watch the fireworks from the south parking lot of the MTC. It was pretty cool. That's about the only 4th of July celebrating we did. And the fireworks got done late so we had permission to go to bed about half an hour late. woohoo haha.

So I leave Monday morning at 8am, my flight is at 12pm, and I don't land in Buenos Aires until around 8am tuesday morning. That will be tiring, but I am excited. I'm sad that Hermana Payne won't be my companion when I travel. She was supposed to be on my same flight and everything with me. She and one other Elder in my district are the only two who got delayed. So I'll be flying with the rest of the Elders in my district. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. These two months have gone by fast! I will most likely call in Salt Lake before 12pm MST, but if for some reason I don't, I'll call on the layover in Atlanta. I haven't exactly figured that out yet. Also, since Melina won't be home, and if there is anyone else that won't, I think I can still call her if she has a cell phone with her. Send me a dearelder and let me know if she will have a phone, and what number it will be!

Sunday, we had a mission conference again, so no Relief Society or anything. The fireside Sunday was good. Both the fireside sunday, and the devotional tuesday were about the Book of Mormon and evidences of the truth of it.

This week we committed our progressing investigator Paola to baptism and she accepted. It went really well and we were really happy. We also had our last appointment with Gabriel yesterday, didn't get him quite to baptism, but it was going that direction. This week is teaching week. Meaning, instead of having class almost all day, we only have about an hour of class, and the rest of the time we practice teaching. I like it. Sometimes sitting in class for hours on end gets boring :).

Sister Dotson is here! I found her thursday morning. I have seen her almost everyday since then. She seems to be doing great! Her companion seems nice as well. Her companion is white, but a lot of the other missionaries she is with are Asian. It is fun to see her around. I still need to try and take a picture with her. The past few weeks we haven't been taking pictures because we haven't been going up to the temple, we have been doing more personal study instead on Sunday afternoons. I'll definitely have to find her before I leave and take one.

I will send a package home in the next couple of days with some things I don't need. Next week I'll be writing from Argentina! Also, I found out that you can still use Dearelder for my mission in Argentina. I believe it is free still as well. They print it and deliver it pouch or something is what I heard, so send me DearElder's people! DearElder.com. Otherwise, I have no clue what the mail is like down there... I guess we'll find out!

My favorite scripture this week has been: Alma 26:12.

Quote of the week:
"You never make the decision to quit and turn back when you're in the middle of a big hill." -Sis. Elaine S. Dalton

Love,
Hermana Jones

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario