Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

Hola familia
No, they dont really do anything for halloween here in Argentina. I think thats a pretty American holiday. :)
This week we had killer attendance at church, we are up to 60 now! We had some miracles and lots of inactives go. Lorenzo Montaldo went and I was so excited! We have been working with that family for a long long time.

This week we did divisions with the other sisters area in our zone, Campana. I stayed here in Zarate and was with Hermana Alfaro (Chile) and Hermana Hill went to Campana and was with Hermana Salas (Chile). It was a good experience. I learned a lot. We were together thursday night til saturday afternoon. There were some complications because Hermana Salas had to go have an interview at Presidents house, but all turned out in the end. There was a baptism as well and since Hermana Salas and Hill had to go clear to presidents house, we had to do everything to get the baptism ready, then the other hermanas got back right as the baptism started. Lautaros Grandpa was going to baptize him, but there were problems with the water heater and so the water was cold. Elder Solum ended up having to baptize him (district leaders comp) without a change of clothes. Luckily we had a pair of white pants that fit him. Lautaro was supposed to have his interview at the church but he didnt make it, so we had to go to his house which is clear across town with the Elders on two bikes. That was a funny sight. Hermana Alfaro has pictures, so Ill have to send those once I can get ahold of them.

We are trying to work with less active families and converts to find new investigators. I think thats a good way to help the ward grow and keep testimonies growing. We have a lot to do this week, and I like staying busy. It makes everything great. I am so happy when we have days where we go out and teach lessons back to back all day, working hard, and finding new investigators. So far so good, we are keeping up the work and picking up steam even! My companion is awesome. I really appreciate her.

Last week we had mission conference. It was super good. We focused on the 5 things we do. Pray, Plan, Find, Teach, and Study. It was great to see the connection even more between them and see the things I can strive to do better.
We are teaching two girls that are super excited to get baptized on November 20th. Maria and Mariana. They are 13 years old and have both read and prayed and know the Book of Mormon is true. She even asked to borrow my pen so she could right down her baptismal date and what she is going to read in the Book of Mormon so she doesnt forget (without my asking her to!).
This week we have interviews on friday with President. I think they will be at our houses/apartments so president can do checks of the apts. I love interviews.
I had to buy some bug repellent, the mosquitos have gotten quite bad. Also, my allergies have gotten quite bad. Lots of sneezing and itching. I may see if I can find some allergy medicine.

Today I was reading a talk that I really liked about how we always need to strive to be progressing and always be willing to do what the Lord requires of us. Unconditionally. We need to always put his will before our own, no matter what the circumstances are. We are always changing and are never at a stand still. We need to be the type of people that act and dont get acted upon. We shouldnt make excuses we should form plans.
Also, thanks for the mail to everyone!
This morning I also found an awesome scripture 1 Nefi 13: 37. We are going to share it with a less active sister thats going back to church. The goal is that she will help us find and teach investigators.
Thanks KASEY and FERGUSONS for the packages! The Reeses are already gone. Thanks Becky, Mom, and Hermana Payne for the letters!

The pictures are:
last p-day picking misperos
the baptism of Lautaro

Love,
Hermana Jones


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario