Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

martes, 15 de febrero de 2011

Hola!
Our zone had interviews with President yesterday, and we received mail. Thanks mom for the V-day package that I got on Vday!!! Also, thanks to Katie (K-pal) for the Christmas card with the snowman! Guess what!? I finally got my Book of Mormon in Quechua!!! Now that I´m not in the south haha. I hope Hna. Rivera got one sent to her too... she´s the one that really needs it!

This week went well. Lots of changes and I´m still getting used to things, but all is well. I am now in Nuñez in Capital Federal. It is next to Vicente López. The other day I ran into 2 old investigators I had in Vicente López, that was kind of fun. My companion´s name is Hna. Gonzalez. She is also CHILENA. She is from San Antonio, Chile which is an hour or so from Santiago. This is only her second transfer so I am having to teach her a lot. She also is still learning the area and the members and everything so we are working a lot on that. Luckily, she talks A LOT. Sometimes too much ;). I was scared I´d get a companion that doesn´t talk much, but I guess if you already know the language it´s easier to talk in your first couple transfers! I miss Ushuaia lots and Hna. Rivera especially, but I know that we are going to baptize tons here.
There are lots of problems in the ward, and have been problems with missionaries before in the ward, so the members don´t have a lot of confidence in the missionaries supposedly. Working with members is key, so we will be working to gain their trust again and bring people to Christ with their help! We are already seeing progress with that.

On a wonderful note, we are already seeing miracles. We will be having our first baptism of the transfer saturday! We found her on Sunday. Her name is Melani and she is 9 years old. She has already been to church 4 times with a friend in the ward! Sunday after church we went and taught her family. Her mom and brother are also very interested. The brother has a baptismal date for March 5th as he needs to go to church 2 more times. So that is kind of exciting.
We are found a kid named Diego this week that has a baptismal date for the 5th. He is 14 and wants to get baptized too. He also went to church on Sunday!

There are a lot of things different about capital, but I am enjoying it. It is hard at times, and we really have to talk to everyone we can to find new investigators, but I know that things will be good and if we have the faith, we can baptize lots of people here in Nuñez. There is a ¨China town¨ here which is funny. An area where a lot of chinese people live. Now, I will have to request a Chinese Book of Mormon from the mission offies. Also, I have noticed lots of Peruanos and Paraguayans. No Bolivianos for now. :(

Being senior companion I feel more responsible and I have to ¨rendir cuentas¨ more. Not sure the best way to say that in English. Give an accounting? Anyways, all is well, vamos a bautizar!

Love,
Hermana Jones

las fotos - my last day in Ushuaia with Hna Rivera and with Hilda one of our investigators whose family gets baptized the 19th or 25 of this month.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario