Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2010

Hola!
This week felt a little long, but it went well! We had the census on wednesday and had to stay in our apartment until 8pm or so. We got lots of good studying in! Wednesday also, the ex-President of Argentina and the husband of the current Presidente passed away. I´m sure things were way crazy up in Buenos Aires, especially since the Presidente lives in my first area. Here it wasn´t too bad.

This week, I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time in the field! It´s a good read, I highly recommend it. :) Every time you read it you have to do what Moroni says and ask for a confimation! That way your testimony of the Book of Mormon can continue to grow! After I prayed, the first thing that came to my mind was how the Book of Mormon affects our lives and how it has affected the lives of people I have talked to and taught, especially my converts lives. Read the Book of Mormon and do as it says in Moroni 10!!!

This week we put lots of baptismal dates and now it´s a matter of helping the investigators overcome their addictions and go to church! But we have about 6 or so that want to get baptized. This week we will put dates with 4 or so more as well. So by the end of this week hopefully we will have lots of baptismal dates! We have to work hard to get these baptisms to happen, but I have faith that we can do it! In church yesterday we have more investigators than I´ve ever had at Sacrament meeting. We had 6! Also, we got an inactive family to go, which was awesome. Our church attendance was insane yesterday! We had over 100 in the chapel! Around 120 I think they said. For a little branch, one of 3 small branches here in Ushuaia, it is a miracle! I was the first speaker. I talked about missionary work, and specifically about the sons of Mosiah. It went well, but I was still nervous.

This week, I noticed a lot of people use ATVs in the street, and it reminded me of the cabin! Also, this week I noticed somebody finally took advantage of the big open bowls with fresh snow, and when I came out of the apartment friday morning, there were some beautifully made turns on one of the mountains. I was wondering how long it would take before I saw that! :) It is definitely getting warmer here though. I love it. Things here are going great, my companion is great, and I love the area!

Vamos a bautizar un montón! Encendemos el Tierra del Fuego!

Love,
Hermana Jones
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario