Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

lunes, 8 de noviembre de 2010

Hola familia qué tal!?This week went well. We have a baptism Sunday the 14th! Next sunday. His name is Lucas Santo. He is 17 and he is very smart. He is friends with a family in our branch and has been attending our branch. Yesterday in the gospel principles class he said he felt the spirit very strongly as we were talking about the Holy Ghost and got the impression that he needs to be baptized asap! We were going to set a baptismal date with him for the next weekend and he asked us first if he could be baptized Sunday! It was a definite answer to our fasting and prayers! The only thing is he has to have an interview with the District President first, because he doesn´t live in our branch. So he probably will be baptized in our branch if he gets permission, but we aren´t sure yet. Sí or Sí he will be baptized though, and that is the most important part!We are also teaching a guy who is preparing to be baptized the 20th and another the 27th. I hope that all works out with those baptisms! I love it here! I love this work! Sorry to you all, but I don´t want to ever leave Ushuaia :) You all will just have to come here when I finish my mission ;). My companion is great! I learn a lot from her and she is a great help to me! I am at the point with my spanish where it´s easier for me to speak spanish than English fluidly. I tried to record a video for you this morning in English and I felt like I was stumbling with my words haha. Christmas will be fun when we talk on the phone... This picture I am sending is dedicated to Hermana Tejada, my trainer who is from Florida, and who served in Ushuaia for 7 months!!!Things here are good, the food keeps coming and still tastes good! The people are still great, still lots of Bolivians. We asked if we could get a box of Book of Mormons in Quechua (Bolivian language) because lots of our investigators speak Quechua, but they don´t have the Book of Mormon in Quechua yet... keep paying your tithing! We have had several run ins or sighting of Jehovahs Witness missionaries. They are a billion of them here, especially up in the Barrios in the woods and mud where all the Bolivians live. Also, they speak Quechua. Almost all our investigators that live up there are also being taught by the Jehovahs Witnesses too. Jehovah´s Witness missionaries are members that go out and preach their gospel on the weekends in the afternoons. It is interesting...What else happened this week... not too much. I heard that all of Latin America is going to join together and have the same money and all like Europe did a few years back. What´s the deal with that? Any word, or is it a rumor?Well, I hope everyone is doing well! I love you all! This week on the 12th I complete 6 months in the mission! Crazy how fast time has flown! I feel like I just left the MTC, and I´m already 1/3 done! Also, I hear the last year goes by even faster because you know the language better and know more of what you´re doing! Hermana Mora will most likely be my last companion that has lots of time in the mission. My next most likely will have around the same time in the mission as me, or less. Crazy to think about! In my reading I just finished 2 Nefi. I love the last chapters that talk about the latter days and the Book of Mormon and then the doctrine of Christ! The restoration of the gospel is what will convert the people! The testimony of the Book of Mormon, because if you have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, you automatically know everything else!Love,Hermana Jones!!!!!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario