Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

lunes, 18 de octubre de 2010

Hola!This week was great! My spanish is suddenly improve a TON. I LOVE this area. I can tell you all right now, I´m pretty sure it´ll be my favorite area. It is a good size, beautiful, and the members are awesome! Yesterday was mothers day here! Happy Mothers day! We ate lunch with a family in the ward and it was really fun. Thank goodness it´s not winter, because it´s cold and I´d be wearing a parka everyday. As is, my companion wear two skirts! One made of fleece! Also, it is much less humid here than up in Buenos Aires. This week it snowed a little bit, but not too much. It is really really windy at times! Walking to this internet place I thought I was going to blow away. There was dirt and small rocks in the air flying at me! The dogs here in Ushuaia are a little more scary. They ´bite´ too. Luckily it didn´t pierce through the skin with all my layers, but I got bit once this week and my companion too! I´m definitely over any fear of dogs I ever had when I was little. There is nothing but hills here! My legs are going to be in good shape! Luckily I haven´t gotten to tired or worn out. Hey, our apartment is much smaller here, like the size of my room at home, but we have a CD player! I love being able to listen to music. We still don´t have any upcoming baptisms, (that we know of :) ) at the moment, but we are working hard to get some dates set. Hopefully this week will be successful. The scripture for the week: Helamán 10:4-5. These verses are very inspiring. Makes me want to have the confidence of the Lord strong enough that He would give or do anything I ask because He knows I would never ask anything contrary to His will.Pres. Gulbrandsen challenged us to read the Book of Mormon before Christmas as a Christmas gift to the Lord, a couple weeks ago. Right now, I´m in 3 Nephi. I love the Book of Mormon!!!! I´m trying to figure out how to get pictures on here but it´s not working... I´ll try again later. I hope all is well with everyone! Thanks for the emails!Love,Hermana Jones

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario