Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

lunes, 11 de octubre de 2010

Hola!All is well here en el fin del mundo! I will send lots of pictures! I LOVE it here! It is cold, very muddy, windy, and the weather changes like crazy within minutes, but it is incredible! There are 3 branches here in Ushuaia that make up a district and there are 4 companionships including us down here. All the rest are Elders. Our zone is the companionships here in Ushuaia and there are 3 I think companionships in Rio Grande which is further north on the Island, all Elders. Hermana Mora and I are the ONLY hermanas on the Tierra del Fuego. The other zone in the south is Rio Gallegos which is in the province Santa Cruz, if you look at a map. It´s the province above Tierra del Fuego I believe. There is one companionship of Hermanas up there in Rio Gallegos. Usually Hermanas that are called to Ushuaia and or Rio Gallegos spend the majority of their missions there. My compaion Hermana Mora goes home in December, 2 transfers. It is likely I´ll be here for at least 2 transfers after that so I will be here awhile. Probably at least 4 transfers, 2 with her and at least 2 with someone else, maybe more. So at least til around April most likely. It is cold! I am very glad I am here for the ¨summer¨ and not the winter! After being here it´s likely I´ll serve in Rio Gallegos, but who knows. The Lord. Hermana Tejada my companion before spent her whole mission in the south except for when she was in the north in Vicente López.Anyways, Hermana Mora is great. She doesn´t speak english, but so far we´ve been able to communicate :). She is from Durango, Mexico. This week was a little tough, we didn´t have lots of lessons, and I am learning the people and the area, but it is coming along well. The area is small (compared to Vicente López). Part of our area we have to hike up in the mud to these houses that people make out of plastic and wood they find. It´s crazy! I´ll have to figure out a way to take a picture sometime. Lots of the people here are Bolivianos. There are tons of souvenir shops and stuff in the centro of the city. The members are super great. They feed us lunch practically everyday and accompany us in lessons as well. There are lots of recent converts here, so I think we will be baptizing a lot more here. I am super pumped!This weekend we had a conference with Elder Arnold of the seventy! It was bomb! It was just our zone so like 16 of us with President Gulbrandsen, President Arnold (Pdte. of South America South area) and their wives. Elder Arnold spoke in general conference sunday afternoon session! We also had district conference (like stake conference except we don´t have a stake here). It was great! They taught us a lot of things to apply to the area and we did lots of practices. Hope all is well with all of you!As far as packages for Christmas, which a lot have asked... I am not sure how long it takes, but we will get packages sometime in december before Christmas. I would say send them in November sometime and you should be good! Mom and Kasey thanks for the packages you already sent. I don´t think I will receive mail for awhile because they had zone conference the week before I came and received mail, so probably end of the transfer.Today I studied the priesthood. I love sections 84 and 107 in D&C. The organization of the church is perfect and the priesthood is key! We are going to teach a recent convert tonight about the priesthood.The pictures are the baptism of Miguel in Vicente López and Ushuaia!Love,Hermana Jones

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario