Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010

Hola!
Sorry, P-day is moved to tuesday on transfer week. I am staying here in Vicente López for the next transfer which begins today, and Hermana Tejada is still my companion! She only has one transfer left after this one before she goes home!

Things here are going great! Sorry I haven´t written much in the last few weeks. For P-day my companion and sometimes our district have been doing activities and also last week was a holiday so it was hard to find a place to email.

Last week, for P-day we went to Unicenter, this big mall and went bowling and ate lunch and had ice cream. It was way fun.

As for our investigators, the past few weeks we left-dropped a ton of them, and have been finding lots of new ones that are ready to hear the gospel. We found this one lady that´s probably around 85 years old. Her name is Maria. She is from Italy and we got her to church on sunday and committed her to baptism! Now we just have to teach her more and make sure she goes to church the next two sundays. (Have to go to church 3 times before you can be baptized). So she has a date for 8 of September! That was very exciting!

We are working with lots of people and trying to get them to progress. Every week miracles happen! We found a wonderful family this week as well. We were on our way to an appointment and we felt like we should knock on a random door on the way. Turns out the wife is inactive and the husband and son are not members, they are an awesome family and we are trying to work out their doubts and help them gain a testimony so the rest of the family can be baptized and all go to church together.

Lots of people here think I am German. It´s funny. The spanish is coming pretty well. I can understand or at least get the gist of everything they say, and I am working on speaking more fluidly. I can usually say what I want, but sometimes I have to stop and think about it, so I am trying to be able to speak faster and not say ´um´ so much.

Spring has sprung! The weather this week was amazing! It has been sunny and some days I wear a sweater, and somedays just a shirt. Not too hot and not too cold!

Still haven´t received the mail and packages because we havent had a zone conference yet, but with the new transfer, we should be having one in the next couple weeks Id guess. I cant wait!

Also, with that, since we only get letters every 6 or so weeks, and postage is expensive, those who send me letters often, like once a week, feel free to only send them every 6 weeks to save on postage, because I wont get them for 6 weeks anyways. If you still want to write every week, you can send them together all at once! Thanks to all for the mail that I will receive soon!

Kasey - no se preocupe! y gracias por los emails! voy a enviar una carta pronto!

Sorry again for the short emails the past couple weeks! Things are going great, and 2-3 weeks ago Hermana Tejada and I set a goal to accomplish our daily goals everyday for the rest of the transfer (2-3 weeks) which ended yesterday and we did it! When we put in our part, the Lord blesses us! We have been much more successful as a result!

Alma 29 vs 9

Love,
Hermana Jones

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario