Hermana Jones

Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

miércoles, 16 de junio de 2010

Hola familia y amigos!

Another great week has come and gone! A lot happened this week, but it was all pretty normal stuff.
District A left :(. They went to Nicaragua and Panama and the sisters to Washington DC.

This week, I was given an assignment to speak at the mission conference when the mission presidents are here and general authorities. It is on Sunday June 27 (the twins birthday)! I don't know why I was picked, but my branch president asked me to. I'm the only one from my branch speaking. I have to speak about the restoration, which is so broad so if any of you have ideas of how to narrow that down, please send them my way! My companions are way excited, because it means we get to sit on the stand with GA's and possibly even the prophet. :) I am nervous and excited...

My companion Hermana Wheeler tried out for the small MTC choir and she made it! They are singing everyday next week and practicing everyday this week! They sing for GA's and mission presidents everyday while the mission presidents are here! How cool is that?!

This week the spanish has been pretty intense, but luckily I'm still following it. We learned subjunctive this week. Starting now in the TRC and TE and all of our teaching, we are only allowed to speak en espanol. I prefer teaching in spanish. I don't know why, but I like it. This week we teach the first lesson in spanish in the TRC. Our TE investigators are great! I love teaching them. It is really hard though. We really have to relate to them and try to meet their needs while we teach. Right now we are teaching Paola and Gabriel.

Also, this week I memorized a lot of things in spanish during my language study. I know the first vision, the missionary purpose, Santiago 1:5 (James) and almost have D&C 4 down. Love it! I love the missionary purpose:
"Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristos a fin de que reciban el evangelio mediante la fe en Jesucristo y Su expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del espiritu santo, y el peseverar hasta el fin."

My quote for the week is
"What is BOLD today will not be BOLD tomorrow. The Lord tells us to be Bold but not overbearing. Overbearance is boldness without love. When people know and feel your love, you can NEVER be too BOLD!"
I'm not sure who that is by, but I love it. We have to have love and charity or else we have nothing! We can't have the spirit. If you do have the spirit you can say anything!

Also, a great talk I'd recommend for you all to read is called "The Challenge to Become" by Elder Oaks. You can find it on Lds.org. I am getting quite familiar with that website, since it's the only one we can go on! :)
Anyways, that talk is awesome. Mom, if you could print that and send it to me that would be awesome. Also, if you could print me some primary songs in spanish like Army of Helaman, and some of the popular ones that'd be awesome too and send them.

The weather a couple days ago was cool and rainy and I loved it! It was sunday and we walked to the temple in the rain!

Thanks to everyone for the letters! I am so blessed to get mail so easily here! I know it will be much harder in Argentina. They said if you do send mail or packages to put pictures of Mary on them. I loved the letters from the Fergusons and the drawings of the temples. Also, Thompsons sent me cartas en espanol! I loved those! Check your mail boxes in a few days!
And Heidi! You are my hero! You write me more than anyone besides my mom! I love you!

Katie! I am so excited for you! All done with High School! Now that you have tons of time on your hands all of a sudden, enjoy it! One great way to enjoy it is to write me! :) DearElder.com.
Melina and Trevor, you're almost done with school now too! How awesome is that?! Trevor, keep the drawings coming. I love them as do my companions!

This week for Devotional we heard from Donald L. Hallstrom of the Presidency of the Seventy. It was great as always. He talked about exercising faith and covenants. He said that living by covenant is the way we mature and obtain the attributes of Godliness. It is so true. As we live those Christlike Attributes (Ch. 6 Preach My Gospel) and STRIVE to be like Christ and come unto Him, we will become better. In class this week we talked a lot about the plan of salvation and the way we live our life now prepares us for which kingdom we go to. I loved that. If we want to go to the celestial kingdom now, the answer is easy, live a celestial life now. I know that is true and I have gained such a strong testimony of that this past week.

Well, that's about it. I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for all the encouragement and support, it helps tremendously!

Love,
Hermana Jones

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario